There are a number of benefits to wearing a post-surgical compression garment even in the first week or so:
- minimises swelling
- does not irritate the incisions
- improves blood circulation
- assists in lymphatic drainage
- for breast augmentation patients, it keeps the implants in position
- the patient can return to normal activities as quickly as possible
Our advice: make sure you have ordered your bra way in advance of your procedure, so you can practise putting it on.
Look for a brand such as macom® that has designed its post-surgical bra with expandable cups that mould to your new shape. Choose your pre-surgery size and it will fit after the procedure, whether you are having a breast augmentation or reduction.
Click here to see more of The Ultimate Guide to: Cosmetic Breast Surgery.